Sunday, April 15, 2012

Run For Your Life!


I don't run. I hardly ever exercise. But this made me want to get off my couch. This is the very first time I ever have (or ever will) join a marathon. The one run I do decide to join happens to be filled with zombies chasing you.

It's Outbreak Manila and we joined fellow runners at Nuvali, Santa Rosa Laguna last April 14, 2012 to get ready at the crack of dawn to be chased by flesh-eating Zombies. Well, more like flag-grabbing Zombies.

We're given 3 "life" flags which are attached to a belt around the waist and along the course of the run, Zombies are going to grab the flags while you try to dodge them. If you reach the finish line with no flags, you are considered "dead". Finish with at least 1 flag and you may still join the land of the living and maybe even win a prize (according to their website).

There's a few water stations scattered along the course so you can rest and re-hydrate which are also considered Safe Zones.

Me, my brother, my sister and my hubby finished "alive" with 1 or 2 flags still attached. There were a couple of times when I wanted to just quit, but I'm glad I endured because it really was so much fun.

Best.Run.Ever.

Though I have nothing else to compare it to, I still think it's the most fun anyone could ever have running.
I'm definitely joining the next one.


Before the run.

First obstacle with the zombies right on top of us.

Re-hydrating at the various water stations scattered along the course.

Barely survived the run with brains intact. Maybe next time, Zombies.

Inside the loot bag with my last life-flag.


My very first 5K and I think it's the fact that we were being chased by Zombies that gave me the push to finish. Or it could the the Booster C energy shot I had before the start of the run. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails