Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stripping Cloth Diapers

I have been cloth diapering for over two months now and so far so good! I did have some leak issues the other day but that was because our laundry lady poured a lot of detergent right on the diaper. This caused some major build up. So I had to strip. Detergent build up will cause some major issues on your cloth diapers like stink, water repelling that will make your diapers leak, and of course diaper rash. So make sure to use the right detergent and the right amount. A little goes a long way. Some moms recommend stripping your diapers every now and then just for maintenance.

I started by washing my already clean cloth diapers in hot water with a little dishwashing soap (I use Joy with calamansi) but any other dishwashing soap would do that does not have any moisturizing lotion or any other additives. Then I let them soak for fifteen minutes before I rinse and rinse on hot or warm water until all the bubbles are out. If you're handwashing you can try warm water instead and protect your hands with rubber gloves! Then I line dry. The sun is great in getting stains and smells. I only stripped my pockets with microfleece inner and not the bamboo ones. I don’t think they need to be stripped. Only maybe when they start to smell really bad.

My Kawaii diapers are mostly bamboo and they tend to stain easily but if you lay them out in the sun while they’re still a bit damp, the stains come right off! Not to mention they smell great too!

By the way, I’m not a full-time cloth diapering mama. I still use disposables at night and when we travel but that’s only because I haven’t found a good nighttime diaper and I haven’t purchased a good wetbag to have when going out. I am striving to go full-time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails